Prof. Nair Rodriguez-Hornedo – University of Michigan
- Developed a research program based on molecular-mechanistic approaches, founded on the premise that the concepts of supramolecular chemistry and crystal engineering
- Serve on the FDA Advisory Committee for Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Serve on the editorial boards of Crystal Growth and Design, Molecular Pharmaceutics and Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Awards include Ebert Prize for the best article published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences in 2005
Dr. Elizabeth Vadas – InSciTech Inc.
- 22-year experience at Merck Frosst, former head of Department of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, responsible from early compound characterization to formulation and process development of new chemical entities including the supply of clinical trial materials from phase I through phase III and technical transfer to manufacturing
- Key contributor on formulation development of SINGULAIR® and several other products that lead to worldwide regulatory approval
- Past president of CSPS, elected Fellow of AAPS and Fellow of CSPS, adjunct professor of pharmaceutics at the University of Montreal
Prof. Lian Yu – University of Wisconsin
- Leading researcher on solid-state chemistry
- Research areas focused on polymorphism, crystallization of organic glasses, and molecular motions in solids.
- Honors include Elected Fellow of AAPS, Lilly Research Laboratories President's Award, and Invited Visiting Professorship at the University of Manchester, and David Grant Research Achievement Award in Physical Pharmacy from American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
Prof. Joel Bernstein — New York University
- Research includes organic solid state, with particular emphasis on understanding and utilizing polymorphism, structure-property relationships etc.
- Punctuated by visiting professorships at the University of Illinois, Cornell University, the University of Minnesota, etc. and as a visiting scientist at the Cambridge (UK) Crystallographic Data Centre
- Awards include Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1999)
- The sole author of a book entitled “Polymorphism in Molecular Crystals”, published by Oxford University Press
Dr. Russell Outcalt — R. Outcalt Consulting, LLC
- 35 years experience in Discovery and Process Chemistry in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries with Union Carbide, Rhone-Poulenc and Scynexis, Inc.
- Co-founder of Scynexis, Inc., establishing the Process and Analytical Chemistry departments, and former Executive Director of Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls, responsible for CMC aspects of SCY-078 anti-fungal and SCY-635 anti-viral
- Key contributions to development of Fipronil (Frontline®) parasiticide and Isoxaflutole (Balance™) herbicide